The programs of our school seek to provide a learning culture where children are helped to learn (at their own level) and how to plan their own life-actions. Your child receives love, security, acceptance, value, control, independence, protection and guidance. Our teachers involve the children in the excitement of learning. We are always trying to work in the best interest of each child.
The CURRICULUM of each class encircles the vital objective of helping your child to develop a good self image from their success. A vast variety of experiences are planned in order that each child will have opportunities for success and learning.
Each child has particular needs within their social, emotional, physical and scholastic development. The program provides for the total child.
SOCIAL: To help the child:
- Grow in ability to work and play with others. Play is a child’s work by which they
learn. School is FUN!
- Respect personal and property rights of others.
- Develop an attitude of kindness, co-operation, courtesy, and helpfulness toward
- Accept appropriate individual and social responsibility in their group.
EMOTIONAL: To help the child
- Gradually mature in emotional responses, and self-discipline.
- Properly express emotional response.
- Become progressively independent.
SCHOLASTIC: To help the child:
- Develop a love for learning.
- Do independent thinking, draw conclusions, make choices and experiment.
- Broaden his/her range of interest.
- Develop his/her language powers.
- Grow in ability to concentrate.
- Encourage creativity.
- Improve his/her skills.
PHYSICAL: To help the child:
- Participate in a variety of both fine and gross motor activities.
- Establish desirable health habits.
- Know and follow simple rules of safety.